		From:	Lutz,James [mailto:JLUTZ(--nospam--at)earthtech.com]
		Sent:	Thursday, May 25, 2000 10:12 AM
		To:	seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
		Subject:	RE: stainless steel and H2SO4

		Check NiDI's website. This association is very helpful with
advice on proper
		selection and fabrication of stainless steels.
		http://www.nidi.org/pages/home.htm

		-----Original Message-----
		From: Ken Peoples [mailto:lvtakp(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
		Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2000 9:52 AM
		To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
		Subject: stainless steel and H2SO4

		I am designing a building to store 50% solution
		sulphuric acid at a battery manufacturing plant.  I
		have been told that the Owner wants to use stainless
		steel floor and roof deck.  I have tried a couple
		other places to find out which type of SS to spec but
		have not come up with any answers.  Any of you have
		any handy resistance tables of some sort?  I am also
		considering epoxy coating the reinforcement in the
		slab since the slab is supporting elevated tanks of
		this stuff.  Any thoughts on this would be
		appreciated.
		Ken Peoples, P. E.
		lvta(--nospam--at)fast.net