From: FEMCCLURE(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:FEMCCLURE(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2000 12:57 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Cc: FEMCCLURE(--nospam--at)aol.com; leyendecker(--nospam--at)gldvxa.cr.usgs.gov
Subject: 2000 IBC with ICBO "Code Central" CD-ROM

If you obtained your 2000 IBC from ICBO you should have received in a
small
cardboard envelope a "Code Central" CD-ROM with a small single sheet of
instructions on how to install the Earthquake Spectral Response
Acceleration
Maps data for use with the seismic provisions in the 2000 IBC.  The data
on
these maps was developed by USGS/BSSC/FEMA under the USGS Seismic Hazard

Mapping Project headed by E. V. Leyendecker and A. D. Frankel.

Instead of having to unroll some 24 large maps to find the spectral
response
accelerations for particular location for use in the seismic provisions
in
the 2000 IBC, all one needs to do is install the Seismic Design files
from
the CD-ROM and log on to either the Zip Code or the latitude and
longitude of
the particular site.

Please read the instructions on the small sheet in the cardboard folder
with
the Code Control CD-ROM and the "README3.01" file which is on the
CD-ROM.

If you have any questions or problems contact USGS Websites address:
http://geohazards.cr.usgs.gov/eq/.

Remember when all else fails read the instructions.

Frank E. McClure May 26, 2000