From: David Hall [mailto:Dahl(--nospam--at)deainc.com]
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2000 10:50 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Will my engineering career be like this?

Not if you don't allow it :)

Seriously, dead lines are dead lines.  My favorite used to be was that I get
a call on Friday from my boss on his carphone and he would tell me that
ehatever had to be done on Monday.  So I would work all weekend to make sure
I met his deadline and then it would sit on his desk for 3 days.  Wonder why
I left that job.

>>> jmsflower(--nospam--at)hotmail.com 05/25/00 09:53PM >>>
I am a relatively young engineer working in a very small structural design
office in California. I have about 5 years of experience and my P.E.
license, and I am overwhelmed with the state of the profession.  I am
wondering if any more experienced engineers can give me some advice about my

future.

Will my entire career as an engineer be filled with demanding clients, faxed

due dates, less than attentive contractors, RFI's requiring  ASAP response,
incomplete architectural plans, e-mailed backgrounds and a backlog of jobs
that are overdue?

Will architects/owners and contractors continue to make me feel
unappreciated while I work overnite to complete their job? (All this and I'm

just a project engineer)

Any guidance or informative experiences are appreciated.

Sincerely,

John Flower