Fw: **Norton AntiVirus** SupportNow! Virus Warning!

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, May 27, 2000 9:12 AM
Subject: **Norton AntiVirus** SupportNow! Virus Warning!

Date 5/26/2000
3.  Disclaimer
_____________________________

NOTE:

This is an outgoing email address. Please do not reply to this email
message. If you require assistance installing, configuring, or
troubleshooting a Symantec product, or you have a question for
Customer Service, please visit the Symantec Service & Support Web
site at the following address:

http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/

Select your product and version and click Go.

To see an HTML version of this newsletter, please visit the following
Web site:

http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/vURL.cgi/navarc

_____________________________

1. W97M.Melissa.BG is a new and destructive worm.

A new variant of Melissa, named W97M.Melissa.BG, was discovered
today. The Symantec AntiVirus Research Center (SARC) currently has a
sample of this worm. The virus attempts to email a copy of itself to
everyone in your Microsoft Outlook address book.

The email has the following subject line:
Subject: Resume - Janet Simons

The body of the email reads:

To: Director of Sales/Marketing,

Attached is my resume with a list of references contained within.
Please feel free to call or email me if you have any further
questions
regarding my experience.

Sincerely,

Janet Simons.

This worm attempts to delete files on your hard drive, mapped network
drives, floppy disks and zip drives. If you receive an email that
matches this description, please delete it immediately.

For complete information regarding this virus, please point your
browser to:

http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/vURL.cgi/nav44