Autocad Section Property Calculation[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "SEAINT" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Autocad Section Property Calculation
- From: "vicpeng" <vicpeng(--nospam--at)vtcg.com>
- Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 22:00:35 -0700
I have a feeling that this might have been posted before.
In AutoCAD under "massprop" the section properties such as area, perimeter, centroid, Moment of Inertia etc are calculated.
I did a check on a complex section by hand and I found that AutoCAD produces a different answer from mine for the Moment of Inertia. The other values appear correct but not "I".
Does anyone know if I did something wrong or what AutoCAD is doing? This is not my software so the licensee may have set up something in the program??
Thor A Tandy P.Eng
- Prev by Subject: Autocad Routine for Mass Properties
- Next by Subject: Re: Autocad Section Property Calculation
- Previous by thread: RE: Dade County, Florida, wind requirments.
- Next by thread: Re: Autocad Section Property Calculation