Re: Autocad Section Property Calculation

You did nothing wrong, the program might be faulty.
----- Original Message -----
From: vicpeng
To: SEAINT
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2000 10:00 PM
Subject: Autocad Section Property Calculation

I have a feeling that this might have been posted before.

In AutoCAD under "massprop" the section properties such as area, perimeter, centroid, Moment of Inertia etc are calculated.

I did a check on a complex section by hand and I found that AutoCAD produces a different answer from mine for the Moment of Inertia.  The other values appear correct but not "I".

Does anyone know if I did something wrong or what AutoCAD is doing?  This is not my software so the licensee may have set up something in the program??

Thor A Tandy P.Eng
Victoria BC
Canada
e-mail: vicpeng(--nospam--at)vtcg.com