Re: Autocad Section Property Calculation

Make sure the object centroid is at 0,0.  Autocad calculates all
properties about that point.  If you have a 2x4 at 10' from the origin,
you will get a very large inertia.  Then other option is to use the
parallel axis theorem and subtract out the ad^2 term by hand to account
for the displacement.

Enjoy,
Jake Watson, E.I.T.
Salt Lake City, UT