RE: Dade County, Florida, wind requirments.

Marlou,

It has been awhile since I did a job in Dade County, but I think that they
allow the use of the ASCE latest edition which is now the ASCE 7-98.  Of
more interest are provisions that were written because of hurricane Andrew
in Dade County.  One provision which is optional (as I understand it) is for
impact resistant glazing. (Re: "SBCCI Test Standard for Determining Impact
Resistance from Windborne Debris", SSTD 12-94, Southern Building Code
Congress International.)

Factory Mutual Property Loss Prevention Data Sheets 1-28 should also be
consulted for roof deck recommendations.  Factory Mutual requirements became
more restrictive following hurricane Andrew.

Regards,
Harold Sprague