Ph.D. Candidate (Structural), Seeking Employment

Dear All Engineers,

My name is Behnam Arya and currently, I am a Ph.D. candidate in Structural Engineering at Tufts University, in the Boston area. I have successfully defended my dissertation and will be graduating in June 2000. I am seeking a position as a structural engineer to work on challenging projects. I also have to mention that I am a permanent resident of the United States and available for immediate relocation.

I consider Structural Engineering as a major part of my life and I take pride in my choice of career. However, it seems that doing Ph.D. narrows down the job search significantly. My major area of interest is using cutting-edge technology to perform innovative structural analysis and design. My research area is in structural condition assessment (Structural Identification). My fields of interest include: Structural System Identification, Structural Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, Bridge and Building Analysis and Design, Finite Element Structural Analysis, Static & Dynamic Nonlinear Structural Analysis. I am dedicated to enhance my knowledge and experience through working in a challenging environment to develop the state-of-the-art technology in structural engineering. In addition to my educational background, I have several years of work experience. I also have extensive experience in building analysis and design using finite element software packages such as SAP, ETABS, ANSYS, COSMOS/M etc.

I would greatly appreciate if you could notify me of any opportunities at your organizations or give me any input that could assist me in my job search. Should you require more information please do not hesitate to contact me at (617) 627- 2281 or directly e-mail me at " barya(--nospam--at)tufts.edu ". You can also find out more about me by visiting my web page at http://www.tufts.edu/~barya/. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely

Behnam Arya

Behnam Arya
Ph.D. Candidate