RE: SOIL PROFILE TYPE FOR STRUCTURE OVER WATER

Typically the project geotechnical engineer is responsible for determining
the soil profile type.  The UBC states that in the event that no soils
report is available (yet) that the engineer should use type Sd (1997 UBC).
I would expect a soils report for your size project and would review the
report to see if the soil type is indicated.  If not ask the geotech for
clarification.

Nick Blackburn, PE