field welding inspection

I would like to know what to specify for
inspecting/testing welds for an industrial building
project.  I have an older copy of Masterspec that says
that AISC and AWS do not make any specific
recommendations regarding the frequency of inspection
or method of testing for welded connections.  Does
anyone know if this is still the case.  Is there any
kind of rules of thumb out there?  Someone told me to
do the following:
1. visually inspect all welds
2. magnetic particle inspection of about 10% of field
applied fillet welds (do more testing if problems are
found)
3. ultrasonic inspection of all full penetration field
welds. (is this excessive?)
Does this make sense?  Is this too much or too little?
 Shouldn't there be some testing of shop full pen
welds too?
As always, thanks in advance for your help
Ken Peoples, P. E.
Lehigh Valley Technical Associates
Northampton, PA
lvta(--nospam--at)fast.net