Allowable Stress for Flue Gas Ducts[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Allowable Stress for Flue Gas Ducts
- From: Ed Marshall <ed.marshall(--nospam--at)agra.com>
- Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 13:03:06 -0700
A question for flue gas duct designers: When considering the pressure load due to test block pressure testing (the static pressure developed by the fans with the dampers closed), is in normal practice to allow a 1/3 allowable stress increase?
We suspect this is addressed in ASCE"s "Structural Design of Air and Gas Ducts for Power Stations and Industrial Boiler Applications". We don't have a copy on hand today.
Ed Marshall, PE
- Prev by Subject: An Alliance
- Next by Subject: Analysis of Diaphragms with openings
- Previous by thread: Re: field welding inspection
- Next by thread: Inspections and Structural Observations