Allowable Stress for Flue Gas Ducts

Title: Allowable Stress for Flue Gas Ducts

A question for flue gas duct designers:  When considering the pressure load due to test block pressure testing (the static pressure developed by the fans with the dampers closed), is in normal practice to allow a 1/3 allowable stress increase?

We suspect this is addressed in ASCE"s "Structural Design of Air and Gas Ducts for Power Stations and Industrial Boiler Applications".  We don't have a copy on hand today.

Thanks,
Ed Marshall, PE