RE: Stone Veneer

Ray,

One method of repair might be to mechanically anchors the tiles back to the
wall with stainless steel pins and epoxy. The pins I have seen were about
3/16" diameter x about 3" long set in a 1/4" diameter drillhole. The number
of pins per tile depends on the tile size.

The application I observed was for re-setting some granite cladding which
had popped loose from some precast concrete facia panels. I'm not sure if
slate lends itself to this same procedure.

Smaller tiles might me able to be re-adhered. You should find out what
material was used for the original setting. But, you might be having a
problem with the difference in thermal expansion characterisitics of stone
and concrete.

I would contact Ray Cano of Cano Architectural Concrete Repair in Ontario,
CA. (909)627-5477.  Their crews are the best I know of for restoration work
in concrete and stone and can perform work all over the U.S.

Brent R. Koch, P.E.
KOCH ENGINEERING, INC.
Livermore, CA
mailto:kochengr(--nospam--at)pacbell.net