From: Constantine Shuhaibar [mailto:csh(--nospam--at)soha.com]
Sent: Monday, June 05, 2000 2:12 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: SEAOC Younger Members Poster Session

I have not received a single abstract yet! The deadline is June15, 2000.
Please route to SEAOC younger members in your firm.

Thanks,
Constantine

2000 SEAOC CONVENTION * CALL FOR ABSTRACTS

Nabih Youssef Younger Members Poster Session Grant

By Constantine Shuhaibar
Co-Chair, Technical Program Committee

SEAOC is pleased to announce the establishment of the Nabih Youssef Younger
Members Poster Session Grant, after a successful first trial at the 1999
SEAOC Convention. It is a poster board competition for current SEAOC members
under 35 years of age. The goal is to encourage younger members to
participate in the annual convention and SEAOC activities in general. This
year the SEAOC Convention committee will match the $5,000 donation by Nabih
Youssef & Associates, creating ten grants of $1,000 each. It is hoped that
this grant will motivate other firms to contribute in support of our younger
members.

One younger member from SEAONC, SEAOCC, SEAOSD, and SEAOSC plus six at-large
members will be awarded accommodations for three nights at the Bayshore
Westin Hotel in Vancouver ($500), Technical Only registration at the
convention ($200), and $300 towards their roundtrip airfare to and from the
convention.

Any interesting or informative structural engineering project, whether under
design, in construction, or already built is acceptable. One page abstracts
of each selected project will be included in the convention proceedings.

Simply submit an abstract of 250 words or less and a sketch of the poster
board layout on or before June 15th to Constantine Shuhaibar, 2000 SEAOC
Convention, Nabih Youssef Younger Members Poster Session Grant, 550 Kearny
Street, Suite 200, San Francisco, CA 94108. Phone: (415)989-9900, Fax:
(415)989-9909, Email: csh(--nospam--at)soha.com. Awardees will be notified by July 1st.
Detailed instructions for the completion of the poster boards will be sent
to the awardees with the acceptance notice.