UBC 97 Occupancy Interpretation Table 10A

We are designing an "auto auction" facility and cannot find a "realistic" number for the egress requirements from Table 10A. The building official has asked us to research this question and will accept an "official" interpretation for less occupancy numbers than would be based on the square footage of the building per the requirements per Table 10A. We have talked to ICBO who would like to charge a fee for help....any other suggestions?

Thanks
Teresa
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="MSHTML 5.00.2314.1000" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff
style="FONT: 10pt Arial; MARGIN-LEFT: 2px; MARGIN-TOP: 2px">
<DIV>We are designing an "auto auction" facility and cannot find a "realistic"
number for the egress requirements from Table 10A.&nbsp;The building official
has asked us to research this question and will accept an "official"
interpretation for less occupancy numbers than would be based on&nbsp;the square
footage of the building per the requirements per Table 10A. We have talked to
ICBO who would like to charge a fee for help....any other suggestions?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks</DIV>
<DIV>Teresa&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>