Re: stop mail

My mail was based on the (according to my server) first mail in the
thread:

> To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
> Subject: Stop Mail
> From: "George A. Kelley" <gakelley(--nospam--at)mindspring.com>
> Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 22:42:13 -0400
>

> Please stop the e-mail coming from your site.
[snip]

which certainly seems to be a request for list removal.  As does the
message which followed from Alejandro Herrera.  And the one after that
from "gelca".  Your post does indeed seem to be referencing somehting
different.  However the way in which it was phrased seemed to suggest you
thought someone was accusing you specifically of spamming them,
rather than that the listserver messages were being considered spam (my
interpretation).

I was trying to maintain the great tradition of pointing people in the right
direction to remove themselves from the listserver, since that was what they
seemed to want.  Of course, I might just have been taken in by a skilled troll.
;-)  Several skilled trolls?

Apologies if my post suggested you were unaware of how to remove yourself.  It
was aimed at those who actually seemed to suffer from that issue.

Charley

--
Charles Hamilton, EIT                   Graduate Student Researcher
University of California, Irvine        Email: chamilto(--nospam--at)eng.uci.edu