RE: SEAOC Younger Members Poster Session

As a young nonmember, the last thing I need is another hobby!
Between work deadlines, the expected 45 to 50 hour work week,
civic and church obligations, and spending any remaining time
with my wife and daughter, there is no time for other activities.

Maybe others are better organized, have more control over their
work schedule, or fewer other obligations, but I doubt it.   (Maybe
their attitudes are better.  Mine got up on the "wrong side" this
morning.)

If you want participation, you must make the rewards worth the time
required.  A grand in scholarships doesn't pay any bills (especially when

I just finished graduate school), nor does free airfare, registration,
and hotel compensate for the week of double work required before and
after the event.

If you want my attention offer a week of fishin' and swimmin' with my
daughter and evenings with my wife, no strings or extra work attached
(and maybe some time for me, while your at it).

My rant is over.  I'm going back to work.  Thanks for your time.

Ralph Benson
Huitt-Zollars, Inc.