Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2000 10:36 AM
Subject: Re: SEAOC Younger Members Poster Session

Charles,

1. There are many younger members (35 and under) interested in professional activities, including enetering competitions and winning awards for their work. I am a younger member myself.

2. There is no need to worry about money. This is a $1,000 scholraship. Winners of the poster competition will get airfare, registration, and hotel stays for FREE.

3. I am sure many firms are proud when their younger engineers win competitions, and will encourage them to attend despite the three day loss in billable time. Even if the time is not approved, I would take three days of vacation to attend. If the airfare and hotel stay is provided, this is an excellent deal for a Vacation to Vancouver.

Constantine Shuhaibar, PhD, PE
Co-Chair, 2000 SEAOC Convention Technical Program Committee