Re: handling joist deflections / alignment when in parallel with bearing wall

John:

Specifying "No Camber" will not give you a stiffer joist, just one that is
fabricated flatter.  If you really want a stiffer joist you need to specify
either a minimum moment of inertia or a maximum deflection.

Additionally, specifying a non-standard camber will add significantly to both
the price and the delivery time for the joists.

Phil