RE: Exposure D Wind/Seismic Loads under IBC

Keith,

It depends on where you are.  Sacramento gets a break on seismicity, Kansas
City will see a decline, in San Francisco and LA it depends on fault
proximity.  Many areas will see an increase on the demand side.  Little Rock
saw a pretty good increase due to the rare event that was tripped by the 2%
in 50 year event in the New Madrid Seismic Zone.

The code giveth and the code taketh away.

Regards,
Harold Sprague