Concrete cover

During the construction of a concrete wall in a building the reinforcing steel was misplaced in such a way that the rebars were located too close to the forms, which resulted in a cover of about 1/4".

The owner of the building has contracted our services to perform an assessment of the concrete wall and provide some possible solutions other than demolishing the wall. I am considering some sort of solution consisting on epoxy-painted surface and cement plaster to improve the steel protection. Has anybody used any commercial product or procedure in a similar situation? Regards,

Javier Encinas