From: Javier Encinas [mailto:jencinas(--nospam--at)coqui.net]
Sent: Thursday, June 08, 2000 3:21 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Concrete cover

During the construction of a concrete wall in a building the reinforcing
steel was misplaced in such a way that the rebars were located too close to
the forms, which resulted in a cover of about 1/4".

The owner of the building has contracted our services to perform an
assessment of the concrete wall and provide some possible solutions other
than demolishing the wall. I am considering some sort of solution consisting
on epoxy-painted surface and cement plaster to improve the steel protection.
Has anybody used any commercial product or procedure in a similar situation?
Regards,

Javier Encinas