RE: Cut Plate Washers

	From:	Bill Allen [SMTP:Bill(--nospam--at)AllenDesigns.com]
	Sent:	Thursday, June 08, 2000 1:48 PM
	To:	seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
	Subject:	Cut Plate Washers

	What about connecting a wood plate/nailer to the top of a CMU wall?
I have a
	3x nailer with anchorbolts dapped into them. Of course, the dap is
created
	by counterboring a hole which is round. Can I use a round washer for
this
	application?

You can also use thicker plywood, (which is always beneficial) and cut an
oversize hole in the plywood and leave the washer and nut above the plywood.
But I don't think this requirement applies to nailers on top of walls.

Bart Needham

	TIA,

	Bill Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)
	ALLEN DESIGNS