[no subject][Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "Seaint@Seaint. Org" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- From: "Joseph M. Otto, P.E." <jmo_engineering(--nospam--at)email.msn.com>
- Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 17:33:07 -0700
January 7, 2000I have been requested to place new penetrations into an existing plywood shearwall which is sheathed with 1/2" ply. both sides nailed with 10d nails at 4" on center at plywood panel edges and 12" o.c. on the field. The edges of the panels are nailed to the same 2X studs on each side of the wall. Table 23-II-J-1 footnote 2 (page 2-288) of the 1997 UBC indicates that these studs need to be 3X. Does this mean that I can't use these walls to take shear?
Joseph M. Otto, PE
Civil Engineer, Project Manager
Ireland Engineering, Inc.
46750 Fremont Blvd., Suite #204
Fremont, CA 94538
(510) 438-9632 x11 FAX (510) 438-0689
- From: Jeff Coronado
- Prev by Subject: [no subject]
- Next by Subject: Re:
- Previous by thread: Re: partially grouted cmu walls
- Next by thread: Re: