Re: Exposure D Wind/ People in authority

Well said Charles (as usual). We have abdicated our authority to public
agencies and codes, but not our responsibilities to the public and our
clients. An untenable situation which is generating a whole bunch of
litigation, including BORPELS enforcement actions. You can't have
responsibility without authority. The sooner we realize this, and put a bit
of backbone into our dealings with building departments, the sooner we will
become worthy of the term "profesional" engineer again.

Peter Higgins.