Re: Transferring Anchor Bolt Forces to Concrete

Here are my immediate thoughts, without calculating feasibility.

1.  Use a larger diameter for the top 3' or 4'.  The pile contractor can
stop his pour at the interface.  GC can use Sonotubes to form the upper few
feet.  Reinforcing steel ties the two together.

2.  Use "U" shaped anchor bars.

3.  Use plate on end of anchor bolts for development.

JPRiley
Riley Engineering
Blue Grass, Iowa

> I have a client who wants to use a 30" diameter CIP Pile (with no pile
cap)
> to support a column with a moment connected base plate.  There are four 1
> 1/2" diameter anchor bolts which each have a 75 k factored load (UBC
Section