RANT, Re: Are You Up for It?!

I think you may be missing the mark.

Those who have volunteered, jumped thru the appropriate hoops, etc., have
been shot off at the knees.

Witness Dennis Wish, Charles Greenlaw, etc.

I apologize, as a non-member, for making so much noise.  But my ox, as well
as all of you loyal members' oxen, has been and is being, gored here.  'Not
that I normally care so very much for an ox, but I'm inside the hide of
this one.

I have to abide by these codes that are subject to so much interpretion
that even the esteemed PhD's on this list can't come close to agreeing --
And they wrote the *flaming* code(s).  Do us poor guys in the trenches a
favor.  BURN THE CODES, and start over!

Is it time, "...to alter or abolish it", yet?

Can anyone say, Revolution?

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of
chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others
may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!", Patrick Henry,
March 23, 1775.

Fountain E. Conner, P.E.
Gulf Breeze, Fl. 32561

----------
> From: Richard & audra <raranous(--nospam--at)pacbell.net>
> To: List <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
> Subject: Are You Up for It?!
> Date: Friday, June 09, 2000 3:16 PM

At the risk of sounding like a pedant, gripes about the way things are
vs. the way they
should be are nothing new nor unique to the engineering community.
There is nothing
stopping anyone from joining a local committee and working their way up
until they are
in a position to be able to do something.
about it.

Are You Up for It?