Are You Up for It?!

Speaking as a long time, dues paying, member who toiled hard in the
trenches for numerous years:

1) I've tried
2) Some of the best engineers I know have tried
3) Some of them suffered greatly for it
4) I personally had my priceless reputation publicly impugned for the
effort.
5) A superb colleague had his attacked when he was called out to serve
theUN in a humanitarian effort and couldn't so much as defend himself due
to being in an isolated area.

Don't talk to me about SEAOC volunteerism. It's dangerous to your
reputation, not to mention your blood pressure.

Am I up for it? Don't be insulting. I've been there and done that. No
thanks.

Next time, sign your name like the rest of us do.

Peter S. Higgins, SE