Ref: Are You Up for It?!!

Volunteered and turned down? Oh no. That would be too obvious.

What I and a pretty good group of other engineers was allowed to to was
work hard for 6 years through the system thinking we were getting
somewhere. THEN we got shafted. As as if that wasn't enough, SEAOC publicly
attacked the leadership of that committee just to make sure we didn't kick
up too much fuss in the ICBO code hearings.

You want a piece of that? "Go for it". I, on the other hand, don't make a
habit of sitting at the table of a rigged card game.

Peter S. Higgins, SE