From: JCohen
To: seaint
Sent: Sunday, June 11, 2000 8:16 PM
Subject: physics vs. engineering

Quite honestly everyone, I haven't checked the truth of this story, but even
if it never happened it's a good one.

James Cohen
jccpc(--nospam--at)msn.com

The following concerns a question in a physics degree exam at the
University of Copenhagen:
"Describe how to determine the height of a skyscraper with a barometer."

One student replied:
"You tie a long piece of string to the neck of the barometer, then lower
the barometer from the roof of the skyscraper to the ground. The length
of the string plus the length of the barometer will equal the height of
the building."

This highly original answer so incensed the examiner that the .....