From: Ed Fasula [mailto:tibbits2(--nospam--at)metro.lakes.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2000 9:26 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Standards for Plan Detail

Our small firm has fairly recently moved our CAD work in-house.  In the
past, we used a drafter who bid each job, and had a vested interest in
keeping costs low.

Now that we control the CAD, there seems to be a tendency among everyone
in the office to heap on more and more detail.  In addition, the drafter
we hired is a perfectionist and likes to draw everything - even Simpson
hangers - to exacting detail.

The degree of detail and multitude of (duplicated) notes is  expensive
and can become, in my view, counter-productive.  I'm in the process of
developing some standards to define where to "draw the line".  And I'm
looking for some references and/or guidelines to help us get it right
the first time.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ed Fasula E.I.T.