Re: Standards for Plan Detail

     You might try the "Uniform Drawing Format Manual" which is about AIA/CSI drawing format.  It's one of those things where you order 3 books for a dollar etc. but they do have some good books.  They are at adbs.booksonline.com

Greg

-----Original Message-----
From: Ed Fasula <tibbits2(--nospam--at)metro.lakes.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Date: Tuesday, June 13, 2000 8:22 AM
Subject: Standards for Plan Detail

Our small firm has fairly recently moved our CAD work in-house.  In the past, we used a drafter who bid each job, and had a vested interest in keeping costs low.

Now that we control the CAD, there seems to be a tendency among everyone in the office to heap on more and more detail.  In addition, the drafter we hired is a perfectionist and likes to draw everything - even Simpson hangers - to exacting detail.

The degree of detail and multitude of (duplicated) notes is  expensive and can become, in my view, counter-productive.  I'm in the process of developing some standards to define where to "draw the line".  And I'm looking for some references and/or guidelines to help us get it right the first time.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ed Fasula E.I.T.