Re: Standards for Plan Detail

I have two suggestions:

1. Architectural Desktop has a detailing module, though not advertised, which
draws many parametric shapes, including Simpson connectors.  It is a quick
pick in a dialog box to bring the completed item into the drawing.  This is
the detailing module from Softdesks old S8 package.  For doing details it is
a big help.

2. Establish a typical details library that can be modified or tailored to
easily accommodate specific job requirements,

Rich

seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org writes:
Our small firm has fairly recently moved our CAD work in-house.  In the =
past, we used a drafter who bid each job, and had a vested interest in =
keeping costs low.   =20

Now that we control the CAD, there seems to be a tendency among everyone =
in the office to heap on more and more detail.  In addition, the drafter =
we hired is a perfectionist and likes to draw everything - even Simpson =
hangers - to exacting detail. =20

The degree of detail and multitude of (duplicated) notes is  expensive =
and can become, in my view, counter-productive.  I'm in the process of =
developing some standards to define where to "draw the line".  And I'm =
looking for some references and/or guidelines to help us get it right =
the first time.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ed Fasula E.I.T.

Richard Lewis, P.E.