Re: modeling composite beams in SAP2000

Dear Leopoldo,
As far as m experiences, an easy way is just define an
equivalent section and go ahead by that. Although to
model steel and concrete parts together, you can
define two element, but the output generated by SAP
design module won't be accurate enough. Because the
model doesn't have an accurate definition of a
composite beam.
Good luck,
Frank

--- Leopoldo Sanz <leopoldosea(--nospam--at)hotmail.com> wrote:
> Dear friends:
> Is it possible to model composite beams in SAP2000
> without doing hand
> calculations? May I simply specify effective width,
> slab concrete f'c, E,
> etc.? Where?
> Thank you very much
> Yours,