From: Attila Beres [mailto:Attila.Beres(--nospam--at)Englekirk.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2000 9:49 AM
To: Seaint Listserver posting
Subject: Outstanding issues

I have posted the following questions a couple of weeks ago and have not
received answeres. Let's try it one more time:

1. Would somebody please recommend a good reference (maybe with numerical
examples) for the analysis of rigid diaphragms with openings. I am primarily
interested in concrete and composite decks with big holes, but also in
concrete shear walls with door openings (I have the book by Paulay and
Priestley).

2. I have heard various rumors to what extent SE exam-takers supposed to
reference the code sections/equations. Would you please clarify?

3. Could someone please explain the rational  for the use or not-use of
dispersion in the development of Response Spectra, as it relates to the
design of new or evaluation of existing structures.

Attila Beres