Re: Standards for Plan Detail

LA has always been sensitive to such "affronts". I am reminded of my
mentor, Gene Birnbaum, when required to state on an excavation shoring
drawing:  "There is no underpinning work on this project" despite the fact
that there was no such work delineated anywhere on the drawings, nor was
there a building near enough to require it.

Gene complied, but added a footnote: "There also are no flagpoles on this
project", and refused to take it off despite repeated requests indicating
that such flipancy was not appropriate. In reply, he threatened to add a
whole drawing to the set delineating work which also wasn't on the
drawings. We had great fun coming up with ideas for the drawing. Alas, LA
relented, and we never got the chance.

Peter Higgins, SE