RE: Wood Diaphragm Edge

Jim, check the free area between the trusses in the unblocked spaces versus
the free area through the architects continuous vents.  Unless the soffit is
directly attached to the bottom of the trusses sloping top chord so that the
air passing through the vents cannot move from the blocked space to the next
free space I would think the limit on free area would be at the vents.

Roger Davis
SDS Architects, Inc
205 N. Dewey Street
Eau Claire, WI 54703