RE: Approved end-jointed lumber

I have been skeptical about their use; however, I received a "wood" magazine
sometime last week that discussed their use.  I still don't know if I would
allow them on one of my projects.  If you want to spec them, you need to be
aware that there are two different types.  One is designed as a direct
replacement for solid sawn members whereas the other is "axial load only."

Brian K. Smith, P.E.