RE: Beam info needed

David,

If this is from the same family and era, I would be a bit suspicious.  The
standard beam series only goes up to a maximum flange width of 6.25".  The
flange width of 6.75" indicates this to be a Bethlehem Beam B series.  The
closest fit would be with a B15x36.0 with a web thickness of 0.280" and a
flange thickness of 0.355".  This can be confirmed if you measure the flange
thickness at the flange gage line at 0.50".
	B15x36.0
	Ix = 410.9 in4
	Sx = 55.12 in3
	Iy = 21.7 in4
	Sy = 6.45 in3

How sure are you of the measurements?  It is best to scrape the steel as
clean as possible removing paint and mill scale in spots and measure with a
caliper at multiple points along the length of the beam.  I would measure
the flange thickness at the edge, the flange thickness at the gage line,
depth, and the web thickness in a few spots.  The web thickness is a bit of
a challenge to measure with accuracy.  I would venture that it is likely
that the web thickness measurements have a good probability of being
generous.

Sounds like a B15x36.0, with a fairly high carbon equivalent,  local
crystalline lenses through the cross section, cast in Pittsburgh,
Pennsylvania, 1933, probably the last Wednesday in October, north side of
the mill, with a shift supervisor named Raul (married with 3 children).
Sorry.... I just got a little carried away.  Ignore this last paragraph.

Regards,
Harold Sprague