From: Paul Feather [mailto:pfeather(--nospam--at)san.rr.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2000 7:36 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: base plate software

In addition, above 1 1/2" will require pre and post heat operations which
can cost more than a couple stiffeners.  Also above 2" can lead to lamellar
problems which requires testing and certification of the plate material.

I would discuss plate thickness with some of the local fabricators before
exceeding 1 1/2" on smaller projects, you might find stiffeners are
preferred.

Paul Feather