Mathcad to Excel then Back to Mathcad

Does anybody know how to enter a "text string" in Mathcad to export to excel
to  perform database functions like vlookup and then transmit the results
back to Mathcad?.

I have a system set up in excel where I can enter in a steel shape and I can
get all of the section properties instantly. I would like to use this in
Mathcad as well.

Basically, what I want to happen is, if I enter SHAPE:="W16x40" in Mathcad,
it will output the section properties in Mathcad, using the excel as the
database.

Hope this is clear. Comments welcomed.

Thanks,
-Gerard

Gerard Madden, P.E.
Civil Engineer/Structural Designer

The Bentley Company,
A Division of Enron Energy Services North America, Inc.
Email: gmadden(--nospam--at)enron.com
Ph: 510.661.0527 (Fremont)
Fx: 510.661.0528 (Fremont)
Ph: 925.543.3810 (San Ramon)