Re: FW: STAAD.etc for Architects - Timber, Masonry, Steel & Concrete

Keep in mind that most engineering & architecture licensure laws leave a
"loophole" in that allows architects to practice engineering (and
sometimes vise-versa).  For example, in Illinois, the SE act doesn't
permit PEs to do structural engineering (i.e. that is you HAVE to have an
SE in Illinois), but does allow architects to practice structural
engineering.  While I am no lawyer, I interpret the info that I have that
an architect could do the structural design of a high rise in Chicago (I
certainly could be wrong though on that interpretation).  That doesn't
mean that any architects would be interested in sticking their neck that
far into the liability "chopping block", but it would appear that they
could.  I can't speak to California licensure laws.

Scott Maxwell