Re: Recent Ruling by California Board of Registration for Prof. E ngineers

Review of the Professional Engineers Act Chapter 7 article 3 section 6735.

California requires that all drawings prepared shall be signed by a
registered engineer to indicate responsibility for them.  All final drawings
shall bear the stamp or seal of the registrant and the expiration date of
authority in addition to the signature.

Based on this I would say some form of verbage similar to the Texas rule
posted earlier is appropriate, and the Engineers stamp still indicates a
final state of work.

With proper reflection, I have to agree with Peter Higgins.

By the way, Peter, can you expand on your requiring a stamped report or
statement from the plan reviewer?

Paul Feather