Re: Recent Ruling by California Board of Registration for Prof.Engineers

Fountain Conner wrote:

> TENDER HEARTED AND TENDER EARED DELETE WITHOUT READING!!!
>
> Surely, I have misunderstood this ruling!
>
> This is a huge departure from my understanding of both the letter and the
> intent of licensing law, and the purpose for Boards of Registration.  Isn't
> the Board supposed to protect the public?  I even thought that the Board
> was supposed to be concerned for the interests of the engineer.
>
> What better way to protect the public than *not* sign a drawing until it's
> ready for construction!

Here in Texas, engineers can apply an electronic seal accompanied with
appropriate written verbage. A signature is not required. As others here in
Texas can attest, you sometime have to educate the architect, client, building
official, etc. about this rule.