Re: Evaluation of salvaged Steel Joists

When I had to do a retrofit for some rooftop equipment in an existing building, I pulled a tag from the end of the joist, which told
me the manufacturer, and the manufacturer's contract number.

I called the manufacturer with this information, and they were able to give me all such data as I needed to determine the joist
capacity. They'll even run your problem for you for a consulting fee.