From: Lutz,James [mailto:JLUTZ(--nospam--at)earthtech.com]
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2000 3:53 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Recommended Reading, Part 2 of 2

>From my own experience, I think the extra time getting the MSE was what
needed to truly digest all the things the professors tried to shovel
into my
head for my Bachelor's degree. This was an important benefit on top of
the
"advanced" topics (I date myself) that we covered like prestressed
concrete,
plates and shells, etc. A lot of the stuff that seemed like frosting
turned
into cake as I started to learn my trade.  Avoiding the draft for an
extra
year and a half was pretty good, too, but this is no longer a fringe
benefit
of much interest to the current crop of engineering students.