RE: OMF in low seismic zones

Scott,

I would approach this one with caution.  The highest seismic spectral values
in the continental US is in the New Madrid Seismic Zone in southeastern
Missouri, the southern tip of Illinois, and the northwestern section of
Tennessee.

Where OMF's are permitted is defined in FEMA 302.  I am not aware of any
testing done that would preclude bolted web connections.

Who was the presenter at this AISC seminar?

Regards,
Harold Sprague