Russian seismic question

Hi,

I have a Russian code which has been roughly translated into English.  It
defines seismic loadings for structural design.

I am able to establish that for seismic level 7,8 and 9, the horizontal
ground coefficient is 0.1g, 0.2g and 0.3g respectively.

The code has a method to calculate a horizontal seismic force based on the
above coefficients and others which consider importance, structure response
etc - it is quite a familiar method.

What is unclear is whether this seismic force is ultimate limit state or
working stress.  There is a table of coefficients called "mpk" and these
vary with the type of material being designed - eg steel and timber
structures - mpk = 1.40.  I don't know how these are used with the seismic
forces.

Any help from people familiar with the Russian codes would be greatly
appreciated as soon as possible.

Regards,
Dave Meney
Western Australia