Re: Teaching

Rick has the right idea. I was on the other end of the spectrum. Our school
gave degrees in engineering SCIENCE, with less preparation on practical
design matters. The steel design course was taught by an academic. I had to
unlearn virtually everything he taught me when I started at Bechtel. Some
of my designs were quite humorous to the design leaders. Embarrassing, yes.
But also potentially dangerous as I might have hit a small office without
the level of supervisory expertise I enjoyed at Bechtel.

If you get the chance, you owe it to the profession to impart your
practical knowledge as early as possible in a developing engineers career.

Peter Higgins, SE