Re: Who wants to be a doctor?

You won't like my answer.  I was released from a position of Chief Civil
Structural engineer, partly because I went to management and *required*
that my people be treated (and paid) as professionals.  Management had, and
probably still does, the "Landlord/serf" mentality.

I had previously had the opportunity and rare priviledge of working with
(note, not for) a *real* company.  I have discovered that there aren't too
many of those.

If you insist, I'll give names and dates.  I have *no* problem pointing out
those who get rich from slave labour.

Fountain E. Conner, P.E.
Gulf Breeze, Fl. 32561
   Phone 850-932-5547
   Fax      850-934-1916

> From: Bill Polhemus <bpolhem(--nospam--at)swbell.net>
> To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
> Subject: Re: Who wants to be a doctor?
> Date: Wednesday, June 21, 2000 7:00 AM
>
> My guess would be that this is so.
>
> The reason is "biggest bang for the buck", i.e. a satisfactory blend of
"quality" and "cost effectiveness".
pounding out C++ with the best of 'em at an equivalent rate of about US$8
and hour.